Friday, December 14, 2012

Five Question Friday

Five Question Friday!!




1. If you bake during the holidays, what is your favorite thing to make? I love making brittle I do cashew brittle instead of peanut. Toffee is another favorite and then just recently I shared the caramel recipe with my oldest, the only problem is wrapping the caramels it is a pain. oh wait you said BAKE ....I love to bake .....cakes...I love cake so I will get a basic box mix and church it up.....yes church it up, thank you Joe Dirt for the term I use it quite often.

2. Present giving: Gift bag vs wrapped box? I usually wrap most gifts but somethings I will use a gift bag like the cute bottle gift bags they have. we did homemade kahula so the gift bags came in handy for those gifts. I do hate the paper that gets wasted though in the wrapping, would like to get a recylce project on wrapping paper going.

3. What do you keep your thermostat on during the winter/summer in your house?
 Don't have one we have a wood stove only and summer just windows and ceiling fans.4. When thinking of your "Christmas to-do list" what percentage "done" are you?
NOPE, but I do have a few people accomplished I am 40% maybe??5. Do you do the "Elf on a Shelf"? If so, is your Elf naughty and what shenanigans has he gotten into? No we don't now but I do want to get it started with the grandson next year, when Elf came out we weren't home enough to do it, we were always working so he is still in the original package waiting for us to bring the tradition into the family. He has sat in my decorations now 6 years next year we will play with him finally.

4 comments:

  1. Unless the gift is being shipped by mail, I can't remember the last time I wrapped something. Gift bags all the way. I could "pretend" it is more environmental because they can be reused. The truth.....just plain lazy. Put it in a gift bag, stuff with tissue paper VOILA
    (At least I'm honest LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrap presents but I don't fancy them up like I used too. Just don'r have the energy anymore.

    HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cashew brittle sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all of your clever answers to this but what I really want is some of that cashew brittle!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is a gift you leave everytime you visit, thanks for giving me a gift!
I will visit and give it back either here or on your blog.
Love & blessings to all !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...